Tuesday, January 27, 2009




I finished some Garden junk projects a couple of weekends ago...but have had so much stuff going on that I haven't gotten around to posting them. So here they are... I love them both but I think my favorite is the teapot totum. I have always had a thing for teapots and children's tea sets. Now I can't wait to get them into the garden. I wish this darn snow would stop falling. We are supposed to get 2-4 more inches of the nasty stuff again tonight. YUCK.
By the way....how long have there been those wonderful tools called shovels around? I can't remember a time when I didn't know how to use one. But there are a lot of people out there who can't figure out how they work. I am a mail carrier by day. It hasn't snowed here in over a week and there are still mailboxes that I can't get to because the customers haven't used a shovel...what are they going to do when we have more of the wonderful stuff on the ground. If you live in an area where you have snow, please think about your mail carrier, newspaper person, garbage person, and anyone else who needs to access your home or property in any way, and shovel the nasty white stuff away.
On a happier note...I had a wonderful weekend this past weekend. A friend of mine came home after being in North Carolina with his family for the past couple of months. It was nice spending some time with him. He flew back to NC this afternoon...and will be missed while he is gone.
Call me strange but I usually like to do what everyone else considers spring cleaning, in the winter. Usually by the end of January or the beginning of February I am ready to get this under way. Much to the dismay of my children. This may be in part due to the fact that my twins have a birthday in February and always want to have a slumber party. I want the house clean when their friends and their parents come into the house. But I also think it is largely due to the fact that I am starting to feel closed in and need to freshen everything up to survive the rest of the winter. We started last week by emptying the diningroom out and shampooing the carpet...3 times. What would posess someone to put cream colored carpet in a diningroom anyway. I would love to tear it out and put wood flooring in there. Maybe later this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment