Sunday, January 11, 2009






























My favorite place to hang out online is the Garden Junk forum on the Garden Web site. Right now we have a Junk train running across the country. The train is a box full of components to use to create garden bling out of cast offs. When the train stops at our station we can take out whatever we want and replace it with things that are too great to send to the landfill but we haven't made anything out of them. Our mascot who rides the train is JT. This week JT came to visit me. The kids and I have been having a great time with her. She and I used one of the saucers that we found in the Junk Train and paired it with a teacup that I recieved from my Secret Santa ffrom the Garden Junk forum to create a teacup bird feeder.


















Today we took JT outside to play in the snow that we got yesterday. She wanted to check out the garden so that is where we started. She didn't reallize how deep the snow was until she jumped in.










After we played in the garden for a while we fed the birds.









We had been outside for quite a while and JT, not being accustomed to the cold and snow, was ready to go inside and have a cup of hot cocoa.





So that is what we did.


The kids and I have enjoyed our visit with JT and will be sad to see her go but we know that the Junk Train must stay on schedule. We will be loading it back up and sending it on to the next station very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Micki you've done a wonderful job on your blog! I love it! What a gracious host you were to JT! I see you showed her a real good time, lol. Good thing you had an extra little jacket and hat for her. The pics of her in the snow are just too cute. What a pretty combination for your teacup bird feeder. Way to go, girl! Donna (garden2garden)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! It looks like the Junk Train is gonna be so much fun, I may have to join myself!
    Kudzu

    ReplyDelete