Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Has anyone ever noticed how fast people start to back peddal when you mention that horrible "C" word....cancer? You really find out fast who really cares and who is in your life for what you can do for them. I am finding this out once again. I was rolling along and thought I had many friends in my life. I found out last week that I have cancer and have to go through treatments again. It is amazing how my phone stopped ringing almost immediately and if someone answers the phone when I call the call is short and sweet. These are people that I have talked to for 2 or more hours at a time before they found out that I was sick. Now the calls might last 5 minutes if I am lucky. The sad thing is that I am usually the last to complain about my situation. I go through the treatments and rarely say a word about not feeling well. I try to contimue to be there for these people no matter how bad I feel. Don't get me wrong. I'm not feeling sorry for myself. It just goes to show you what kind of character people really have. They can say that they are Christians, but I really don't believe that God would approve of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment