Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's been a while!





































It has been a while since I was here last. In that time, I have been given a clean bill of health...cancer free for the moment...and have finished the studio and done a lot of work in it. Here I am posting some pics of the studio before I started working in it and messed things up some. Ever met a neat and tidy artist? LOL Ok the pictures that are sideways were up right in my computer file! LOL Everything in the studio is made from something else...trash to treasure. The shelves on the back wall are made from the drawers from the dresser I used for my mold storage. The work benches are made from the shelves and work table from the old studio. A couple of the cabinets have old windows for doors. The shelves on the door wall are made from old shutter type doors from an old laundry area. The walls are covered in bead board and paneling left over from other projects over the years...mine as well as other people's. The magazine/ book storage boxes on the shelf are made from left over bead board and 1x4s from my old craft booth. The door and windows are recycled from a friend. The work/potting bench on the back wall is made from an old waterbead and some scrap wood that I had from old projects. The entertainment cabinet is an old pantry cabinet from one of my past homes. The metal stars on the walls are Christmas decorations that were scratched up. I spray painted them black.
I love my studio! It is the best place I have ever had to work. It is my quiet place when life is stressful. It helps me create beautiful art. I have done a lot of work in there since I finished it in August. I have since put my kiln in there and a bench that I made from a headboard. I will post some of my latest art soon. For now it is getting late and I need to start thinking about other things I have to do. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment