Sunday, April 4, 2010

This post goes out to Kirk and Carol. They are friends that I met online on the Garden Junk forum of the Garden Web. They are very creative artists whose artwork I have admired since I first started seeing it a couple of years ago. This is a wind chime that I made last summer. I haven't found a place to hang it outdoors yet so it is still hanging in my studio.
The dragon fly that I placed at the bottom of it was something that I recieved in the Junk Train that was generated on Garden Junk. This was a box of treasures were collected and placed into the box. The box was then mailed to the next station. The recipient kept what they wanted from the box and then added new treasures to replace the ones they had kept out and mailed it to the next station. JT was the mascot who rode along inside the box and had womderful adventures. You can see the fun we had with her in an earlier post here. The Junk Train was a lot of fun and this is something I created from one of the treasures I rescued from the box.

The actual bell part of the wind chime was created from a wine bottle that I got when my kids and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden. It was so much fun embarrasing my teenagers by asking for something that they were going to throw away. I cut the bottom out of the bottle and added a chain and a couple of washers.


and a creative and fun wind chime was born. I love the sound of it when it chimes. Kirk and Carol, I hope you like it up close as much as you thought you did at a distance. It was inspired in part by your blue bottle chime.

No comments:

Post a Comment