Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well All....This has been a week of emotional rollercoasters...and it is only Tuesday! Last week I was having trouble with my right kidney again and in a lot of pain. Finally on Friday, I gave in and went to the doctor to find out what was wrong. I think I already knew, so I put if off as long as I could. After doing an ultra sound, she sent me over to the cancer treatment center and had them do a bunch more tests including an MRI. They determined that I had another tumor and it was blocking the blood flow out of my kidney so it was filling up with blood and was under a lot of pressure. They did emergency surgery to remove the tumor and then sent it to the lab for a biopsy. Monday I got the dreaded call saying that it was indeed cancer and that I had to go in today to meet with the doctors that have been working with me over the past few years. This morning I got a call from one of the doctors telling me that he wasn't convinced by the test results. He said that the results were conflicting. He asked me to come in before our meeting and have more blood drawn and he had already ordered another biopsy on the tumor. When I got to the scheduled meeting, the doctors had come to the conclusion that it was not cancer after all. There were pre cancer cells found in the tumor, but no real cancer. The path of treatment decided on is that I will still under go radiation treatments to be sure that all of the pre cancer cells are gone, but I will not have to have any chemo treatments. Yay!!!!!! I am now more than ready to be off this rollercoaster! I am ready to get on with being creative again...hopefully more so than I have been recently. I will post pictures as I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment