Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Many Talents...

Hello Everyone!
I know it has been a little while since I have posted. I have been busy getting ready for my daughter's graduation from high school and party as well as deep cleaning the house and yard. I apologize for neglecting all of you and hope to make up for that in the near future.
As many of you know, I have been an artist all of my life. I have used many different media...sometimes in the same project....over the years.
I do paper crafts such as creating handmade greeting cards...


Some are basic stamped cards and others are collages of collected items such as this one. (I can't say that this is one of my favorites but it is one of the few that have made it to my new computer)
I am a stained glass artist. I do everything from copper foiled panels such as this one....








To mosaic stepping stones such as this one...








To mosaic stained glass floors like my bathroom and shower....sorry I don't have any pictures on the new computer and can't find the disk that they are on but I will find them and do another post when I do...
To stained glass purses...I am still perfecting the process for these but here is a picture of one I made not too long ago....








To fused glass pendants....






To three dimensial items like this butterfly...




To fused and slumped glass business card holders such as this one.





I have sewn since I was a little girl. My most recent adventures in this area consist of baby blankets......



And Critter bags...







These are great to use in the car to hold toys for small children. They are wider at the bottom than they are at the top so they don't tip over easily or fall off the seat. the handle stays standing up so even the ones in safety seats can get ahold of them...




I have been into photography since I was in college when I got a new 35mm camera for a class I was taking.








I also love to take trash and turn it into treasures....






In fact my entire studio is decorated/created from recycled items. You can see pictures of this in an earlier post...
I have acquired a lot of knowledge and skill over the years. Last night while I was supposed to be sleeping, I was hit by an amazing idea. I could use my aquired knowledge to help others learn how to be creative in a non intimidating way as well as build my own skills in my newest interest...blogging. I came to the conclusion that I can create tutorials to show people how to do some of the things that I have learned. I plan to create tutorials and post them here. Some will take longer than others to create because of the time it takes to create some objects. I hope you all are ready to get creative with me. I plan to begin this new adventure as soon as Chris goes back to LA and Courtney's graduation party is over with next weekend.
If there are things that You know that I do, that you would like to learn, please let me know. I want to keep it interesting, not only for me, but also for everyone else too. I also hope to create things for all skill levels so that noone gets bored or feels overwhelmed. I know that not everyone is going to be interested in everything that I am doing, but I hope to please I wide variety of interests.
For now, I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! I will be back soon with my first creation...
~Micki~


































2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! The only skills we share are trash to treasures and sewing. Any tutorial you would like to do, I would be happy to read. how about one on photography. i don't think I have seen that on the bloggy world. thank you for visiting. it is so great to know I am not the only one that cuts up wedding dresses for fabric!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. As soon as my arm heals enough to get back into the studio I will be getting some tutorials on here. Sewing was one of the first artistic skills I learned. I started when I was 6. It is something I will always enjoy. Trash to treasure is another of my favorites. I love to take something that someone has tossed away and turn it into something to be treasured. I always enjoy reading your latest posts and am inspired by you regularly.

    ReplyDelete