Sunday, October 3, 2010

I had the most amazing week! I finally got to go to California to spend a couple of days with Chris! This is the first time for a lot of things for me. It is the first time I ever flew in an airplane. The flight from Detroit to Phoenix wasn't bad. Long but I didn't have any trouble getting to where I needed to be and the flight was uneventful. Once I landed in Phoenix, things got a little more eventful. I had to leave the airport to get to the terminal I had to be at for my connecting flight to Los Angeles. This meant that I had to take a bus two terminals over and go through security again. Then I had to hurry to find the gate I had to be at. I barely made it. This plane was just a small one and I hadn't had anything to eat or drink all day. I also hadn't had time to take any dramamine. Not good. I was feeling the motion sickness shortly after taking off. I faught it off and didn't get sick. That is until we landed. As soon as we came to a complete stop, I threw up all over myself. I have never been more embarrased that I can remember.

This was also the first time I have ever been further west than St Louis Missouri. And the first time that Chris and I have gotten to spend more than 8 hours at a time together without interruption. It was wonderful! I gave him his birthday present early. I bought him a Uof M sweatshirt since he was wanting one. I knew I won't see him on his birthday so I gave it to him when I got there. He is supposed to come home for Christmas this year.
I don't know if I will get it done for this Christmas, since it is so late in the year, but I plan to take this picture of his Corvette and make a stained glass panel for him. He has wanted one since he bought the car in 2006 but I couldn't get a picture to work from before now.
Thursday night, after an amazing day together, we got the opportunity to watch the most amazing sunset. I am so glad that we had this time together. It made our love stronger/ I know now that I will live out there at some point. I would love for it to be now but since Cody has a few more years of highschool, we will have to wait.
On Saturday, I began my journey home. Since my excuse for being out there was to pick up my new car, I drove back to Michigan. On Saturday, I saw the Rocky Mountains for the very first time. They were amazing. I started into them during day light. I didn't get to see the most amazing areas of them since darkness fell and I had to concentrate on the road rather than look at the scenery. I discovered that they have bugs as big as our birds here in Michigan in Kansas! The first few that hit my windshield, made me duck to try to avoid them. Then I was laughing at myself. It was a long drive home and I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I made it here, but it was worth it. I had the most amazing time out there as well as on my drive back home.
Next year I hope to take a couple of weeks off and drive out and back home. I also hope to have more than a couple of days out there. There is so much more I would have liked to do. If I had had my car while I was there I could have driven down to see my friend Sylvia on Friday while Chris was at work. Next time I also hope to get to take my time driving so that I can stop and take more pictures of the beautiful country that God has given us to live in. I would love to be able to stop for the night when it gets dark so that I don't miss so much of the beauty. As it was, I drove for 15 hours on Saturday before I stopped for the night. Sunday I drove for 16 hours, slept in my car for a couple of hours and drove for a few more hours and slept in my car for another hour before driving the rest of the way home. It was an amazing trip and I look forward to many more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment