Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

As we send out 2010 and usher in 2011, I have been reflecting on the last year. In some ways it has been a great year for me and my family.


The flowers in my garden were beautiful. Some of them amazed me...so much so that I forgot to grab the camera. My cosmos grew taller than me and were gorgeous. I wish I had remembered the camera. I always enjoy the flowers. The weeding, when I have time is the best stress reliever around.



I enjoyed creative times with my kids. These are a couple of mini hats that we made together.
We added hair combs to hold them on.



My daughter, Courtney graduated from highschool and started college this year.


At her graduation party we had severe thunderstorm warnings. It was a little scarey for a while but the kids made the most of it once the storm passed. Here are both of the twins, along with some of their closest friends dancing in the puddles in the driveway. I wish the picture I have of Courtney in a puddle at the age of three was on my computer. I would show you that some things never change.

In July, we got a cute little puppy. He is a boxer/pitbull mix. His name is Jaws, due to the fact that he enjoys chewing on just about anything. Actually we have only lost a couple of shoes to him so far. He does love to chew up any toy we give him as well as milk cartons, pop and water bottles. Here he is peacefully cuddling with his stuffed toy shark.

He grew a little bit in a month. He also decided he was Cody's puppy. If Cody is around, Jaws is as close to him as he can get. In the months since we got him, he as done a lot of growing, and a lot of chewing. He has dug his way deep into our hearts.
I was able to spend a couple of days in California with Chris. We enjoyed the most amazing sunset. The weather there was beautiful and the time spent with Chris was amazing.
My time out there was too short. I now know, without a doubt, that at some time in the near future, I will live out there with this man. I am hoping for some time soon.

My children tested my skills with their ideas for Halloween weekend. In the week before Halloween, I finished (about half) of Cari's costume. She was set on being Belle this year. In that week I also made Christine's costume (Snow White), Courtney's costume(Ariel) and made Cody's costume(For the life of me I can't remember what video game character he was).

The night we finished the costumes, the kids wanted to go to the Disney store in the mall. We had a lot of fun walking through the mall. The little kids in the mall were amazed to see "real princesses" walking through the mall. We were stopped so many times by people (young and old) who wanted their pictures taken with the girls.
There were other wonderful things that happened this year too. The greatest gift this year was on August 14th. That was the day I was declared cancer free for one year.
There were some things that tested my strength as a person this year. I have struggled all year to stay afloat financially. It has seemed that I am constantly paying the past due amounts on the bills to keep the power on and food on the table. I believe that God has been watching out for me. Even though it has been a struggle, we have never been hungry or cold.
The week before Christmas, I fell on the ice while working and tore my rotator cuff. I am currently waiting to find out if workmans comp is going to do the right thing. I am most likely looking at 6 weeks off work and I really don't know how we will survive without an income if they decide not to...let alone the medical bills. But once again, I know that God will provide what we need.
I am looking forward to the new year in ways most don't understand. I know there are some big changes about to happen in our lives. My girls are talking about moving out on their own with some of their friends. Their dad is talking about getting married and moving away. If these things actually happen, and I can financially find a way, I will be living in California by this time next year. Cody will get to decide where he wants to live and who he wants to live with.
I also plan to use the time off work to be creative. I know that there are some things that I will not be able to do, but I plan to put a lot of energy into getting my art business off the ground since I have the time to do it. If nothing else, it will keep me from losing my mind while I am off work at the post office. I believe that God has plans for changes in our lives and I want to be ready when He does.
I'm not making any resolutions, persay, this year. I am just going to go with the flow and try to do what God is leading me to do. I will enjoy life, and the people I love,to the fullest. I will try to keep a smile on my face no matter how hard life gets. And do my best to catch up and stay caught up on my financial responsibilities.
These are just some of the things that my family and I have experienced in the past year. There were much bigger things happening through out the world...devastating earthquakes, oil spills and so much more. So much happened in 2010 in our world that I can't even touch on them. Hopefully our world will have a better year in 2011 as well.
I wish you all the greatest year ever in 2011! I hope you all prosper in all the ways that matter the most...peace, love, health, and true happiness. May all your dreams come true and may all your families and loved ones stay safe.
























1 comment:

  1. Micki, that was so interesting to see your year in a snap shot, Your new puppy, the chewer, is so sweet, I can see how he would wiggle his way into your heart. I always wonder what the year ahead holds, personally and worldwide, i think it is better to just live day by day. What a great looking guy you have, I can see why you would want to move,besides the weather, I live in Orlando now, I left Minnesota for the same reason many years ago....Hate the weather!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete