Monday, February 14, 2011

So call me an Idiot!

Ok I feel like a doof! I asked people to leave comments on my blog, but I just figured out how to read them at 3:30 in the morning. Don't ask me what I am doing up at this time of the morning! Anyway, when I tried to email one of the people who left me a comment, I was unable to send it. I will admit, I am definately more artistic than I am computer savvy.

I also promised to start posting some tutorials to show you all how to make some of the things that I do. Since I fell in December, I have been pretty limited in what I can do. I can't cut glass with my left hand, so I haven't been working any glass. I do have a few smaller projects in the works though. I am actually working on several different things right now. I have boxes to fill for a swap! I also have some other things in the works too.

My niece set her wedding date while her fiance was home on leave. My sister and I have been doing some brain storming for inexpensive ways to get beautiful results. We are going to be making a version of altered bottles for the centerpieces on the tables. She wants twinkle lights...so twinkle lights she shall have. (If anyone knows of a place where we can get battery operated twinkle lights pretty cheap, I sure would appreciate a heads up!) I also make jewlery and my sister has asked me to make the necklaces for the bridesmaids to wear and a special version for Katrina. I had already planned on a special necklace for my niece. I don't know if she will end up deciding to wear it for the wedding or not but she will get it reguardless. Katrina and I have been close since she was little. I am so happy for her. She has been through some things that no young woman should ever have to endure and she deserves a man who treats her like a princess. James does just that. He is the most amazing young man and I have to say that he is the only man I can imagine who deserves someone so special. I will be sure to post pictures of the different versions of the altered bottles and the final one as well. I will also post the pictures of the necklaces as I finish them. I might be able to do a tutorial on the bottles after we figure out exactly what we want the final product to look like. We have a couple of different ideas bouncing around right now. I also will be making a bunch of sea glass this summer. Katrina wants that to sprinkle on the tables around the centerpieces.

Ok so now that you know how many things are bouncing around in my brain....this doesn't even start to count the hassles of dealing with workman's comp and trying to get a paycheck to pay the bills and feed the kids and dog...you know why I am still awake at 4am. This post is all over the place! I am going to try to get some sleep, now that my arm has stopped throbbing....gotta love pain killers...and I have gotten some of my thoughts written down and out of my head. I hope you all have a wonderful night? day? Not sure what you would call it. I will chat with you all soon.

~Micki~

No comments:

Post a Comment