Tuesday, August 9, 2011



I have been reading a new to me book for the past few days. It is 29 Gifts in 29 Days by Cami Walker. In the book, Cami is given a prescription to give a gift to someone each day for 29 days to help her deal with MS. Following the prescription for these 29 days changes her life. It doesn't cure her disease, but it does help her come to terms with the disease and learn to live with it. I logged onto the website for the challenge of giving a gift for 29 days. www.29gifts.org. I had already decided to take the challenge before logging on to the site. I started giving earlier today when I went to the Post Office here in town and gave a stained glass stepping stone to a former co-worker and friend. She had ordered one stone to give as a gift to her daughter and at the time of the order, she had mentioned that the one I had made for the same daughter several years ago for her wedding had broken and that her daughter was heart broken over it. I decided to make a replica of the same stone as a gift. I delivered the stones today. To my surprise, Sandy, my friend, ordered another stone as well as asking if I can make something for the steps they have that go down to the lake from the road. I hope to start this job before fall but I don't think it will be able to be installed before spring. Thank you Cami for writing your book about your experience. I plan to pass your book along to someone else to read and hopefully he/she will join the challenge. I hope you all will read her book and join the challenge. Think of how wonderful this world would be if we all put energy every day into giving a gift to someone else rather than dwelling on the bad things in life. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment