Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Riddler!

I have been busy for the past couple of months. The girls and I tried to make our dresses for my Niece's wedding on the 8th of October. Unfortunately I ran into complications with my pattern fitting correctly and didn't have time to finish before the wedding. I finished Courtney's dress but Cari waited too long and ran out of time. We will get them finished for Christmas time.
As soon as the wedding was over, I started making Cody's costume. He doesn't do much for Halloween, but this past weekend...the one after Halloween...the kids went to Youmacon. It is a comic, video game, and anime convention. The kids go every year.



This year, Cody decided to be the Riddler. Last year he kind of got the short end of the stick on his costume. I promised him that his costume would be the first one done this year. I made the jacket, pants and mask. He made his cane. Together we chose the rest of the accessories.
I think it turned out pretty awsome, if I do say so myself. He had so much fun at the con. Every where he went, people were stopping him to take his picture. I think it made him feel pretty good that people noticed the work that went into his costume. Nothing makes me feel better than to be able to put a smile on the faces of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment