Monday, October 22, 2012


What comes to mind when you see a cross?  An angel, dove, or eagle? A heart or rainbow?
An adornment to wear as a piece of jewlrey? A beautiful bird? Holiday ornament or decoration? Are they symbols of Christianity?
 
For me, they are these, but they are much more.  They are reminders of God's love for me and the way I need to live my life for Him. I wear a heart pendant a lot of times.  When times are hard, and I wonder why bad things are happening in my life, I find myself fingering the pendant. I am reminded of the love that God has for me. 
The cross reminds me of the gift of life given us by the crucifiction of Christ.  He doesn't expect me to be perfect, but He expects me to do my best to live in His word and follow His commands.
The eagle reminds me of Matthew 14:31  "How I bore you on eagles wings and brought you to myself."
Angels and doves fill me with peace. 
 
I am far from the perfect Christian, but I am working on being better at it. These reminders help me out when I might make the wrong decision. I hope the next time you see one of these things, or wear them as a piece of jewelry, you too will be reminded of God's love for you and will think about how He wants you to live for Him.
 
Have a wonderful and loving night.

No comments:

Post a Comment