Tuesday, December 31, 2013

 As I look at other blogs, everyone seems to want to recap the past year.  I can't say that I care to do that.  2013 wasn't a banner year for me.  I prefer to look forward to 2014 and trust that it will be a better year.  I have some goals set for myself for 2014 and hope that God will maked them so.  One goal for me is that this New Year's Eve will be the last holiday that I will spend alone.  I have been on my own for 12 years now and am really ready to move forward with someone else.  Now if I could just find the right someone.  Another goal for this year is to find a way to get all of my art selling to the point where I could make my living with it.  I am seriously planning to set up a shop online as well as hitting the local farmer's markets and art shows.  Eventually I would love to have a brick and mortar store where I not only sell my art but the art of others as well.  Not the mass production junk you can find anywhere, but the hand made one of a kind art that you can only get from the artists themselves. I also hope to get more stable financially, and relieve all the stress I have been under.  I also plan to study the scripture more and get to know my Lord in a more personal way.
Don't get me wrong,  These are not resolutions for the new year;  those things that we forget about by February 1st.  These are my goals to strive for over the year.  I may not accomplish them all within the year, but I will work toward these things.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve tonight  and a wonderful New Year where they make their dreams come true.  
 
"I am the vine;you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 



No comments:

Post a Comment