Tuesday, January 21, 2014


I have someone special in my life who thinks that saying "I love you" means I want a life of rainbows and butterflies.
 
This couldn't be further from the truth.  When I say I love you it is because I want to share with those I love, what I get when I hear those words.  I grew up hearing those words every day from the people who mattered most in my life. These words gave me the confidence to be myself and follow what I knew to be right no matter who tried to change my path. These words gave me the security of knowing that even if I messed up, these people wouldn't turn their backs on me.  These words gave me the strength of knowing that no matter what the world threw at me, someone loved me enough to be there to help me stand through it.  I want those that I love to know these things to be true for them too.  I don't say "I love you because I think the world is all rainbows and butterflies, but more because I know it isn't.  I want you to know that I am always going to love you, no matter what the world dishes out to you.
 
I am not the only one who loves you.  God loves you more than anyone here on this earth is capable of.  He always has your back and is always by your side.  When things are too hard for you to carry, turn to God's word and pray to Him and ask for His help.  He will help you through the bad times as well as the good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment